Hard time cloning Dell laptop HDD

Post by PorkChop » Tue May 16, 2017 11:29 am

Im having trouble cloning my son Dell laptop HDD to a smaller SSD with HDclone

What are the options I should select?
PorkChop

Re: Hard time cloning Dell laptop HDD

Post by Adrian Decker » Tue May 16, 2017 4:14 pm

Hello PorkChop,

For the diagnosis I would like to ask you to provide us with a respective HDClone system log and screenshot, stored at the moment, when you come to the conclusion, that you aren't able to clone the HDD from your son's Dell laptop. Both options are available in the HDClone Toolbox menu (wrench symbol).

Then open a support ticket at the following address and upload the system log and the screenshot:
https://www.miray-software.com/support/index.html

(Wait for our response in the support ticket, so we can unlock the upload option.)

When you started an HDClone 6.2 or newer on Windows, then you can find the system log via the Toolbox menu (wrench symbol), under "Stored log files". And when you started HDClone from a self booting USB drive, then you can find the system log on this USB drive under the directory "/Symobi/Logs/". You can identify the right system log with the time stamp.

The screenshot will be stored on the Windows Desktop or in the root directory on the self booting USB drive. This also applies for system logs, which were stored with predecessor versions of HDClone 6.2.

Sincerely,
Adrian Decker
Adrian Decker