Archived discussions regarding the Stand-Alone-Tools

HDClone 6.0.6 does not boot if 4k Monitor is attached

Post by OPTITAS » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:54 am

Just setup a boot stick with HDClone 6.0.6 and tried to boot on a PC with one 4k and one 1900x1200 Monitor attached top the system.
Blank screens on both monitors, no way to get it up.
Might be a problem with the new UI.
Should be fixed ASAP.
FYI: AFAIK there is NVidia Graphics Adapter used.
OPTITAS

Re: HDClone 6.0.6 does not boot if 4k Monitor is attached

Post by Adrian Decker » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:42 am

I would like to ask you to use a different graphic mode, by opening the extended boot options with <M> (More Options) while Symobi/HDClone is initializing (5 second count down). Instead of "auto" I kindly ask you to set it to "VGA-BIOS" or if necessary to "VGA". Please note that you're still able to use all features and functions of HDClone in each graphic mode.
Adrian Decker

Post by OPTITAS » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:06 am

Ok, might be a temporary work around but should be fixed ASAP.
OPTITAS

Post by Adrian Decker » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:28 pm

For the diagnoses of the graphic problem you described I would like to ask you to store an autosave system log with your self booting USB drive. The option for this also can be found in the extended boot options (<M> - More Options). There you can set the "System log" option at the bottom to "autosave".
The autosave system log will be stored at the self booting USB drive (requires a writable self booting medium). When it looks like HDClone has started (main screen), then let it run for about two more minutes.

Then I kindly ask you to open a support ticket at https://www.miray-software.com/support/index.html in order to anonymously upload the system log afterwards. It may be necessary to wait for a response, before you are able to attach a file to your message.

I also would like to ask you which graphic mode (VGA or VGA-BIOS) worked at your machine, so I can provide you with a configuration file, in order to skip the manual selection of the particular mode (as a temporary measure).
Adrian Decker

Post by OPTITAS » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:44 pm

Just got my USB Stick for the Service Technician Version and was wondering that it is booting wo any problems.
Hmm, any ideas?
OPTITAS

Post by Adrian Decker » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:32 am

Your question can't be answered generally. Therefore I would like to ask you a few questions:

1.) Can you reproduce the graphic problem with the other self booting medium at the system in question?
2.) Is the other self booting medium a USB key (size, USB 2/3?) or a CD/DVD?
3.) Does the graphic problem persist after recreating the other self booting medium?
4.) Does the delivered USB token always work as intended at the system in question?
5.) Besides those two monitors, what are that system's specifications:
- Architecture (desktop, laptop, netbook, etc.)
- Mainboard (manufacturer, name, revision)
- Graphic card / chip (manufacturer, name, revision)
- Input devices (mouse, keyboard - PS2, USB, built-in)
Adrian Decker

Post by Adrian Decker » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:57 pm

About the graphic problem I would like to ask you, if you created your bootable USB token without UEFI support and the one from before with UEFI support? The UEFI boot support option can be selected in the HDClone Boot setup.
Adrian Decker