Clone and Backup of Hard disks

after HDD clone - boots into Symobi

Post by games4you » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:51 am

I downloaded the free version as a person said I could clone HDD with it.

The process went OK. With no errors. But both HDD`s now are booting into Miray Symobi.

What could I do to remove the Simoby and have back my normal bootable windows OS as before?

Thanks.
games4you

Re: after HDD clone - boots into Symobi

Post by Adrian Decker » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:07 pm

Hello games4you,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with HDClone.

Regarding the problem you observed on your system I would like to ask you to disconnect all USB drives and remove all CDs/DVDs in order to ensure, that there is no HDClone self booting medium while your system is starting.

Should your system still start with Symobi/HDClone afterwards, then I would like to ask you to check all remaining storage devices for Symobi/HDClone boot files. When a drive (partition) has a folder called "Symobi" at the root level, with a sub-folder called "boot", which again contains two hidden files (addon.map, kernel.map), then it most likely is an HDClone self booting medium.
The HDClone boot medium also has a hidden file called "sysload.sys" at the root level.
And with UEFI boot there also is a folder called "EFI" at the root level, which itself has a sub-folder called "BOOT", containing three hidden files (BOOTIA32.EFI, BOOTX64.EFI, GRUB).

If you find these files, move them somewhere else (don't delete them at first, to be safe).

Please note, that every primary partition of an USB storage device can be made bootable with the HDClone Boot setup.
And when you copy the respective files and folder to the a primary partition of an active boot partition, then it also becomes an HDClone self booting medium.
Of course this is also possible by cloning a self booting medium or its boot partition.

Sincerely,
Adrian Decker
Adrian Decker

Post by games4you » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:10 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that my fault was that I used the target HDD with USB cable?!

In a while I will do your writen steps.

Will let you know how it worked out.

Thank you.

(Oh, yes - theres just the target or in other case sorce HDD connected. Thats it.)
games4you

Post by Adrian Decker » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:28 pm

Hello games4you,

Cloning to an USB drive isn't a problem and it won't make it an HDClone self booting medium.

Only actively creating a self booting medium with the HDClone Boot setup will result in a self booting medium. And, of course, cloning an existing one or copying the respective boot files to another primary partition.

At the following address is a short tutorial about how to create an HDClone 6 self booting USB drive (this also applies to HDClone 7): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHtrszugEW4

Sincerely,
Adrian Decker
Adrian Decker