Archived discussions regarding the Stand-Alone-Tools

Cloning Macintosh hard drive - read erros

Post by ivanhr_28 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:07 am

Hi,

We are trying to clone Macintosh 1TB SATA hard drive to three identical hard drives (master connected through eSATA and other two connected through SATA ports). We have HDClone Enterprise edition (3.7.5) and we are using bootable CD. After 2 minutes it starts giving read errors (it starts with 1024 and occasionally rise by 1024). We switched to 3.7.5 after similar errors in 3.7.3.

Recently we moved software from the HP box with motherboard Asus IPIBL-LB (in computer case there is no enough space for drive bays) to custom built PC with ASUS P5QL Pro motherboard (2 GB of RAM). Bootable CD ROM is connected through IDE, and motherboard has 6 SATA ports - first one is used for eSATA connection, while 2, 3, and 4 are conected to drive bays through SATA ports. To resolve the problem, I tried changing settings in the BIOS from AHCI to IDE and from IDE to AHCI, but in any mode it still finds read erros (never in first two minutes).

Please let me know if you need more info. I would really appreciate if you can help me with configuration and fixing the problem. Also, if you can suggest which motherboard works best with HDClone, we are ready to invest in that one...

Thank you!

Ivan
ivanhr_28